Dog vaccinations play an important role in protecting dogs from several dangerous and fatal diseases. While state law requires all dogs must be vaccinated for rabies, there are several other vaccinations that can protect dogs from serious diseases that are easily preventable.
What Are Dog Vaccines?
Vaccines help to prepare a dog’s immune system to defend itself from any invasion of disease-causing organisms. Vaccines contain antigens, which mimic disease-causing organisms in a dog’s immune system, but don’t actually cause disease.
Why Are vaccine Important?
The purpose of puppy vaccines and dog vaccines is to mildly stimulate the immune system so that it recognizes the antigens present. This way, if a comes in contact with a real disease, its immune system will recognize it, and therefore be prepared to fight it off, or at the least reduce its consequences.
What Are The Core Dog Vaccinations?
Core dog vaccinations are important to all canines based on a universal risk of spreading and the seriousness of the disease, and the risk of spreading to other dogs, as well as other animal species including human beings.
Vaccines under the core vaccination
- Canine Parvovirus
- Canine Distemper
Vaccines under the Noncore – vaccines
- Canine Influenza (dog flu)
- Lyme vaccine
Benefits of dog Vaccination :-
Vaccines help prepare a dog’s immune system to defend itself from any invasion of disease-causing organisms. Vaccines contain antigens, which mimic disease-causing organisms in a dog’s immune system, but don’t actually cause disease.
1. Prevention of Serious Disease
•Disease prevention is probably the most important reason for dog vaccinations.
•There are a variety of vaccinations you can give your animal to reduce the chances of illness or eliminate them completely
•It’s especially important that one must begin the vaccination cycle when your dog is young. The younger your animal is more at is the risk for serious diseases. This is because dog’s immune system hasn’t yet fully formed and developed, so any extra help it has in fighting off disease could be better.
•The vaccination cycle works to build up immunity over time to specific diseases. These vaccinations encourage animal’s immune system to create additional antibodies, which will help fight off anything that carries the disease.
• It’s important to complete the entire vaccination cycle so that the animal gets full immunity from these dangerous and life-threatening diseases.
2. Following The Law
- Dog vaccinations are required by law in every state of India.
- Even if the pet is an indoor animal, still it is necessary to vaccinate the pet as per the law,
- As well if you travel with your dog or you leave your dog in Doggy Daycare you need to have a proof of upto date Vaccination.
3.It Keeps Other Pets and animals safe
•The community and friendships one forms in the dog park, at meetups with other pet owners, and even just in the street.
• There are chances that an unvaccinated pet can spread diseases and make another pet sick and children too.
•If a dog likes to hang out with other animals, make sure and ask the owners in the neighborhood if they’ve vaccinated their pets.
You may just save a life.
4. A Financially Smart Decision
Owning a pet, especially a dog, can get very expensive quickly.
There are food chargers, Travelling costs, grooming and so on But when you get into veterinary costs, those bills can just double.
Vaccines are not always cheap, but they cost a fraction of the costs of the medication, treatment, and vet bills associated with identifying and curing serious illnesses and diseases.
5. Dog Vaccinations Keep You Safe, Too!
• One does everything that keeps their dog healthy and hope you’ve learned by now that vaccination is a huge part of that.
• Vaccinations of pet dogs can also protect owners and their families against illnesses, germs, and even diseases that are often carried by pets like Rabies and Leptospirosis.
•Especially if pets are frequently around young children, those with weakened immune systems or the elderly, it’s the social and moral obligation to vaccinate the dog.
3 thoughts on “Everything You Should Know About Vaccinating Dogs”
It was very informative.
Pingback: STRESS IN DOGS | SIGNS AND MANAGEMENT - Vetnest
Pingback: Rabies In Dogs- Treatment, and Prevention - Vetnest